Wednesday 15 June 2016

I Got to Meet Garth Nix



So, yesterday (Tuesday 14th June 2016) I got opportunity to meet Garth Nix at Seven Stories in Newcastle. Seven Stories is an amazing place to visit and hosts some truly awesome events.You can visit the website here: http://www.sevenstories.org.uk/

I ended up being 10 minutes late to the event (Sorry Garth!) because of traffic getting into the city. We actually left super early and still managed to be late.

Garth talked about his books, listing them all out in order of publication (I don't think I realised just how many he's written until they were all laid out.) and we got to hear him read out an small piece of his upcoming new book Goldenhand, his fifth novel in the Old Kingdom series. The bit he read featured Sabriel and Lirael who were both standing talking in the river of death and there was a mention of our favourite baddy Chlorr of the Mask.

Garth then answered some questions from the audience before signing everyone's books. The line he had was huge! His event was definitely the busiest I've attended at Seven Stories. But despite being jet lagged he soldiered on and was absolutely lovely to chat to. I even managed to bag a picture with him:

No comments:

Post a Comment