Monday 26 June 2017

Pokemon Go Book Tag!

Pokemon-Go-Book-Tag
I'm actually really excited to do this! It's the first book tag I've ever done. I always love watching booktube videos of them and it never really occurred to me that I should do one on my blog. But anyway, here goes!

This tag was originally created by Read At Midnight - which you can read if you follow the link, I highly recommend you do! (All the pics I use belong to them)
Pokemon-Tag-01Starters
I know most people would say Harry Potter for this, and HP is a big part of why I love to read. But when I think back to when I properly became obsessed with reading, my mind thinks of The Swan Princess by Zoe Marriott. I won the book in a raffle and it completely inspired me. I kept talking about it to all my friends who would roll their eyes and tell me to shut up. I'll be forever grateful that this wonderful fairytale like story with a kickass heroine came into my life.

Pokemon-Tag02Pikachu

Lord of the Rings. Easy.

Pokemon-Tag-03-Zubat
Erm... I'm not too sure about this one. If a book is everywhere it doesn't usually affect my love for it. Read at Midnight chose Adult colouring books for this one and I think I agree. Although I was never a fan in the first place. I don't mind colouring books for adults, but now there seems to be one for EVERYTHING.
Pokemon-Tag-04-Ditto
Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. I see a lot of dislike for it for being too similar to previous YA novels, but it's written really well and while the first book and the set up of the storyline might feel familiar by the third book its wholly unique.

Pokemon-Tag-05-Snorlax
Size doesn't really put me off. I'll often wait until I know I have a large chunk of time in which to read the book(s) so I don't have to keep stopping and starting it/them. I read all 8 Outlander books the summer after my first year of a-levels. I had recently been putting off reading The Name of the Wind and The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss but since I have hour long bus journeys to university I eventually ticked them off my TBR.

Pokemon-Tag06-Gengar
This could literally be any book. SO many books keep me up reading late into the morning. I think the latest one was A Court of Wings and Ruin because its so big and I was utterly determined to finish it in one day. So I stayed up until about 4am to finish it. WORTH. IT.
Pokemon-Tag07-NidokingQueen
OMG SO MANY CHOICES. I think my main ones are Feysand (Feyre and Rhysand...and also any other pairing in the ACOTAR series) and Kinej (Kaz and Inej). OH! and Lady Helen and Lord Carlston from The Dark Days Club. SWOON.
Pokemon-Tag08-Rapidash
I'm gonna go with Caraval by Stephanie Garber for this one. I read it a while back but I just remember it being non stop action and me being unable to put it down because of that.

Pokemon-Tag09-Eevee








The Shadowhunter Chronicles, Grisha series and Maas's ACOTAR series. JUST KEEP THEM COMING FOREVER.

Pokemon-Tag14-Magikarp
The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. I first started reading this years ago but when I first heard it about it I was SO sceptical. It sounded so strange! Cyborgs?? the moon is colonised?? AND Cinderella?? Even now I can't explain it to people, I just tell them to read.

Pokemon-Tag12-Legendary
I've still never read a Rick Riordan book. I think I would love his books but there's so many if I do end up loving them my bank account will hate me.
Pokemon-Tag15Mew-MewTwo
There are some really cool A Song of Ice and Fire editions that were really expensive and really limited but dammmmnnnnn they were awesome.



Pokemon-Tag10-Egg
I just bought When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon and I've heard so many amazing things about it so I can't wait to read it for myself.

Pokemon-Tag11-Lure-Module
*Take a deep breath* Sarah J Maas, Leigh Bardugo, Cassandra Clare, Marissa Meyer, Ruta Sepetys, Kristin Cashore, Samantha Shannon, Laini Taylor, Sabaa Tahir, Renee Ahdieh, Diana Gabaldon, George RR Martin, Victoria Aveyard, Cristin Terrill, Katherine Arden. *Breathes out* I think thats everyone.
Pokemon-Tag13-Server-Down
Tower of Dawn by Sarah J Maas springs to mind just because its been nearly two years since we have anything about Chaol. We last saw him in Queen of Shadows as he left to see if he could regain the use of this legs. I MISS him fiercely and I can't wait to get more of him and be introduced to a whole new continent in the ToG world. It's gonna be awesomeeeee.

Hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment